~MERCENARIES~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For potential new members of ~MERCENARIES~

Go down

For potential new members of ~MERCENARIES~ Empty For potential new members of ~MERCENARIES~

Post  Bartus Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:55 pm

It may be that one of MERCS has sent you here or it may be that you have come here after reading our in-game alliance profile. Either way, here you will find information you must take note of before you make the decision to join us.

We are a serious alliance looking for serious players who want to succeed with us. Don't get me wrong, we like to have a laugh, and you'll soon find that out if you join us. But we are here to win. And because of that, we have organized ourselves into a structured leadership, the Command, and created the Alliance Code, a system of rules which anyone who joins the Alliance is expected to follow.

The Code includes rules about
Activity - Logging on at least once every 24 hours
Sitters – finding and setting sitters from within the Alliance.
Communication – responding to requests from Command and talking to other members in general
Skype – you must have Skype, add Command members to your contacts, and use it regularly
Forum use – you must register on this forum, read it daily, and post in it regularly.
Teamwork – you must participate in defence and attack calls when called upon.
TroopTool – you must register in TroopTool and update your troop numbers weekly.
Stronghold – wherever you have your village or villages when you join us, you must agree to place additional villages in the MERCS stronghold area.

As the server continues, we have now introduced a minimum population requirement, and a location requirement.

Your population must be higher than the average population of MERCS or your troop numbers must be twice your population (you can find the average population of MERCS in the Alliance Statistics page in Travian). The only exception to this is if you have only been playing on this server for a matter of days and your population has been growing rapidly from day one. We will not turn you away simply because you are a new player, but at this stage of the server you need to be VERY active if you are to join us – this means logging in several times a day and using Gold to increase your expansion.

You must be located in the south west quadrant - village co-ords (-/-) and close to other members of the Alliance.

Please also remember that you are playing on a UK server. Travian Rules say that [/b]you must communicate in English[/b]. We don't expect you to be perfect at spelling or anything, but da txt spk gets a bit boring after a while, and some of us are too old to understand urban speak so if ya chattin like dis, me cum round ya hood an bust you up, you get me? No seriously, if you're from a non-English speaking country, you need to be fluent in English as we do expect to understand what you're saying and be understood when we talk to you.

We have found that some who would otherwise join us have been put off by our Skype requirement. Skype is known as being a way of chatting via webcam and telephone, but we do not use these features in ~MERCS~, we just use its messenger features to help communication - for getting to know each other, discussing ideas, and co-ordinating attack and defence. I myself was not keen to use it to begin with, but I wouldn't do without it now! It really isn't scarey! For us, playing Travian is as much about feeling part of a group of mates as it is about sending troops out and battering people! Some of us are playing our fourth server together. The more you put in, the more you'll get out, and you will find, like several players, both new and experienced, that ~MERCS~ is a great Alliance to be in.

[b]If you cannot commit to all of the above, sadly our Alliance is not for you.

Your next move, if you are happy with what you have read, is to contact Elements, Bartus or F666KER by IGM. We will then check you meet our requirements, and ask for your Skype I.D.

Once you have added us to your Skype contacts, an invite to the alliance will be sent to you, and once yu have joined us, you will need to register for our Forum.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Bartus
Admin

https://travmercenaries.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum